With Earth Day soon approaching I thought it would be a good time to become more Eco friendly. Do you have any great tips you'd like to share? Any great ideas to get the kids involved? One of the reasons I love natural products in because it is not harmful for kids to be around. I'd love to learn new ways to have my kids help out and help make a difference. Below are some things that I do.
1. Wash laundry in cold water (except towels and sheets)
2. Use hand towel in dryer (helps absorb water which dries clothes faster)
3. Cut dryer sheets in half
4. Use natural laundry detergent
5. Use Borax for laundry softener and cleaning (love this stuff)
6. Use natural cleaning products...I used to use vinegar and water most of the time, but recently switched to a hydrogen peroxide and water mix and LOVE it! Cleans great and better yet no smell!
7. Online billing to save on paper waste
8. E-mail my newsletters to customer to save on paper
9. Use ceiling fans
10. Use natural soaps and lotions (Love, love, love my Ciao Bella line)
11. Buy fruit from local market (just started doing this a month ago)
12. Pass Miss K's clothes to Miss A or family and friends
13. Make my own natural products (make some of my own make-up, facial astringent, deep hair conditioner, etc..There are many more great recipes I have found online that I am itching to try out.)
14. Recycle, re-use and re-purpose (always trying to improve in this area)